2013.03.08 : A new taste! Thai style coconut curry ramen with avocado
I love this because not only is it ramen, but it’s ramen that doesn’t require me to make a broth days in advance (or have to drive to the Eastside). Maa-kun’s fusion dishes are always on-point and pro-eat as fuck.
Sakamoto Masayuki’s Thai Style Coconut Curry Ramen with Avocado
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Fusion
Serves: 2-3 servings
- Chicken (leg) ½-1lb
- Onion (1/4 one)
- Garlic (1tsp)
- Ginger (1tsp)
- Red pepper (1/4 one)
- Thai curry powder (1tbsp)
- Water (300cc)
- Coconut milk (400cc or 1 can)
- Torigara soup powder (2tsp)
- Avocado (1/2 one)
- Wheat flour (appropriate amount)
- Cooking oil (appropriate amount)
- Salt and pepper (appropriate amounts)
- Coriander (to garnish)
- Cut the chicken into 3cm pieces (big bite-sized ones, basically)
- Chop the onion and red pepper (cut it into fourths, basically), mince the garlic and ginger
- Coat the bottom of a pan in cooking oil, toss in the chicken, let it start cooking, then toss in the onions, garlic, ginger, and red pepper.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat everything in curry powder.
- Add in the water and coconut milk. To that add the torigara soup powder, and salt and powder to taste. Let it thicken for 5 minutes.
- Cut the avocado into fourths and peel it.
- Coat the bottom of a plate in salt, pepper, and flour, then coat the avocados.
- Coat the bottom of a pan in an appropriate amount of cooking oil and fry the avocados. Cook evenly on both sides (duh).
- Cook the noodles.
- Add the noodles to a bowl, top with soup, then with avocado. Garnish with coriander and enjoy~