2012.10.19 : Bacon skewers
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try bacon. These are a super easy one to make and that are, by virtue of being bacon-based, also fucking delicious.
Sakamoto Masayuki’s bacon skewers
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: Japanese, Fusion
Serves: 4 skewers
- Umeboshi (dried plums): 1tsp
- Bacon: 8 slices
- Basil: 2-4 leaves
- Yuzukoshou (paste made from yuzu zest and chili peppers): ½tsp
- Parmesan cheese: 2tsp
- Balsamic vinegar: 1tsp
- Honey: 1tsp
- Cabbage: 100g (torn up into smaller bits)
- Apples: ⅙ (cut into small pieces)
- Salt: appropriate amount
- Pepper: appropriate amount
- Curry powder: ¼tsp
- Spread the bacon out on a cutting board, and coat the first 2 (or every other) slice with umeboshi.
- Tear apart the basil leaves into small-ish pieces and place them on 2 of the plum-coated bacon slices.
- Make a sandwich with the non-coated and coated bacon slices.
- Coat two more of the bacon slices with the yuzukoshou.
- Over that, drizzle parmesan cheese
- Make a sandwich with the remaining slices.
- Squish them up onto kebab skewers.
- Cook them up in the pan sans oil.
- While those are frying, make the sauce. Add honey to the balsamic and mix.
- Pour the sauce over the bacon in the pan, let it fry up some more.
- Maa-kun wants you to be careful not to burn yourself as you turn the skewers over.
- When those are done, make the salad. Toss together apples, cabbage, salt, pepper, and curry powder, and mix until everything is coated.
- Plate everything and enjoy~