2014.02.14 : Springy! Simple Chinese steamed rice
I need stuff to make for dinner and then bento for the week so I can Adult properly and this one looked super easy and super yummy so let’s try it!
Springy! Simple Chinese steamed rice
Author: Sakamoto Masayuki
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Chinese, Japanese, Fusion
- Japanese mustard spinach (komatsuna), sliced into 2cm pieces
- Sesame oil: 2tbsp
- Onion: ⅓ one, minced
- Ginger: 1tbsp, minced
- Pork (the kind you'd use in tonkatsu): 1 thing, cut into 1cm pieces
- Salt: appropriate amount
- Pepper: appropriate amount
- Sakura shrimp: 15g
- Shiitake mushrooms: 2 things, cut into 1cm pieces
- Sugar: 2tsp
- Soy sauce: 3tbsp
- Mochi: 3 things, cut into tiny 8mm squares
- Water: 200cc
- Rice: 500g
- Slice up the spinach, set aside for now
- In a frypan, add in sesame oil, onions, ginger, and pork and cook until the pork changes colour.
- When the pork is cooked, add in salt and pepper to taste, then add in shrimp, shiitake, and the spinach from before. Stir fry that mofo.
- When it's all cooked, add in sugar and soy sauce. Get it all mixed up and that part's done.
- Add water to mochi in a small bowl, heat in a 600w microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the mochi in a colander, add to rice while it's still hot and mix well.
- Add the stir fry to the rice and mix it all well.
- Plate and enjoy!