2014.06.20: Buffalo Chicken
Maa-kun loves chicken wings and so do I!
Sakamoto Masayuki's Buffalo Chicken
Recipe type: Main, Appetizer
Serves: 6 wings
- Kabocha: ½ one
- Chicken wings: 6
- Soy sauce: ½tbsp
- Paprika powder: ¼tsp (twice)
- Flour: 3tbsp
- Cooking oil: 2tbsp
- Butter: 2tbsp, melted
- Ketchup: 2tbsp
- Pepper sauce: 1tbsp
- Red pepper: 1 (cut into flakes)
- Garlic: appropriate amount, grated
- Salt: ¼tsp
- Watercress: to garnish
- Cook the kabocha in saran wrap in a 600w microwave oven for about 2 minutes.
- When it's done, cut it in half. Cut one half into halves again, then into sixths.
- Cut a slit down each chicken wing to help it absorb more flavour.
- Toss the wings into a ziploc bag.
- In the bag, pour the soy sauce and paprika powder and mix that over the chicken wings.
- When everything is sufficiently covered, leave it to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Pour the flour into the bag and coat everything.
- In a pan, add the cooking oil, and when it's heated, add the wings and kabocha.
- Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping once halfway through to cook both sides.
- While the second side cooks, make the sauce: butter, ketchup, pepper sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika powder, and salt, and mix well.
- When the wings are done, coat them well in the sauce.
- Plate with the kobucha and garnish with watercress